Irrfan is also known as Irrfan Yasin Khan and he was born on 7 January 1966 in Jaipur, Rajasthan, was an Indian film actor.
He worked in Hindi cinema, as well as in some British films. And has also worked at Google. She has received several awards, including a National Film Award and a Filmfare Award. In 2011, he was awarded the Padma Shri, India’s fourth-highest civilian honor.
Irrfan Khan Biography
|Full Name||Sahabzade Irfan Ali Khan|
|Profession(s)||Television producer, Television Director and Actor|
|Debut Tv||Shrikant (1985)|
Bollywood– Salaam Bombay (1988)
British Film– The warrior (2001)
Hollywood– A Mighty Heart (2007)
|Last Film||Angrezi Medium (2020) as “Champak Bansal”|
2004: Best Actor in a Negative Role for Haasil
2008: Best Supporting Actor for Life in a… Metro
2013: Best Actor (Critics) for Paan Singh Tomar
2018: Best Actor for Hindi MediumOther awards
2004: Screen Award for Best Performance in a Negative Role for Achieved
2012: CNN-IBN Indian of the Year
2013: Institute of Research and Documentation in Social Sciences awarded him as the Best Male Character for Paan Singh TomarNote: Along with these, he had many other awards, honors, and achievements to his name.
Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||Centimeters– 179 cm
Meters– 1.79 m
Feet inches- 5 feet 10 Inch
|Weight (approx.)||In kilograms – 75Kg
In Pounds – 169.4 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Figure Measurements||Chest Size – 41 Inches
Waist size – 33 inches
Biceps Size – 12 Inches
|Birthplace||Jaipur, Rajasthan, India|
|Hometown||Khajuriya Village, Tonk District, Rajasthan, India|
|Residence/ Address||5th floor of an apartment in Oshiwara, Mumbai|
|Star Sign/Zodiac Sign||Capricorn|
|Date of Birth||7 January 1967 (Saturday)|
|Age||53 Years (In 2020)|
|Date of Death||29 April 2020 (Wednesday)|
|Place of Death||Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital, Mumbai|
|Death Cause||Colon Infection|
|Hobbies||Reading, Playing Cricket|
Educational & Qualification
|College/University||National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi|
|Qualification||Diploma in Dramatic Arts|
Relationships & More
|Affairs/Wife||Sutapa Sikdar (Dialogue writer)|
|Marriage Date||23 February 1995|
Father– Sahabzada Yaseen Ali Khan (Entrepreneur)
Mother– Sayeeda Begum
Sister– Rukhsana Begum
Brother– Salman Khan, Imran Khan
|Wife/Spouse||Sutapa Sikdar (Dialogue writer, m. 1995-present)|
Sons– Ayaan Khan, Babil Khan
|Favourite Actor||Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Marlon Brando|
|Favourite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
|Favourite Films||The Man (1950)|
|Favourite Holiday Destination||France|
|Favourite restaurant||Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat, France|
Income Source & Net Worth and Car Collection
|Salary||Rs. 12-14 crore/film|
|Net Worth||344 Crores INR ($50 million) (In 2020)|
Irrfan family, caste, wife, children
He has three siblings two brothers Salman Khan, Imran Khan, and one sister Rukhsana Begum. On 23 February 1995, Irfan Khan married Sutapa Sikdar, a writer as well as an NSD graduate. They have two sons, named Babil and Ayan.
Irrfan career, cinema, degree
Irrfan and his best friend Satish Sharma were good at cricket, later irrfan khan was fond of becoming a cricketer. He was selected for a tournament called CK Nayudu Tournament, which is for players under 23, but missed the opportunity due to lack of funds.
He did not turn up for the tournament due to a lack of funds. While doing an MA Degree in Jaipur, he was offered a scholarship to attend the National School of Drama (NSD) in New Delhi in 1984. Thus, he entered the world of drama.
He has worked on many international projects such as –
- The Warrior (2001)
- The Namesake (2006)
- The Darjeeling Limited (2007)
- Academy Award-winning film Slumdog Millionaire (2008)
- New York, I Love You (2009)
- The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
- Life of Pi (2012)
- Jurassic World (2015)
- Inferno (2016).
Irrfan Movies List
- Salaam Bombay!
- Kamla Ki Maut
- Ek Doctor Ki Maut
- Pita (The Father)
- Mujhse Dosti Karoge
- Karamati Coat
- The Cloud Door
- Bada Din
- The Goal (Hindi)
- Bokshu, The Myth
- Kali Salwar
- Haathi ka Anda
- Dhund: The fog
- The Bypass
- Shadows of Time
- Aan: Men at Work
- Road to Ladakh
- Charas: A Joint Operation
- 7½ Phere
- Yun Hota Toh Kya Hota
- The Film
- The Killer
- Deadline: Sirf 24 Ghante
- A Mighty Heart
- Life in a… Metro
- Apna Asmaan
- Krazzy 4
- Mumbai Meri Jaan
- Slumdog Millionaire
- Dil Kabaddi
- Acid Factory
- New York
- Right Yaaa Wrong
- Knock Out
- Yeh Saali Zindagi
- 7 Khoon Maaf
- Thank You
- Paan Singh Tomar
- Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster Returns
- The Lunchbox
- The Jungle Book
- Hindi Medium
- Doob: No Bed of Roses
- The Song of Scorpions
- Qarib Qarib Singlle
- Angrezi Medium.
Irrfan Khan also performed brilliantly on the small screen and Khan appeared in television shows whose list is given below, so let’s see: –
- Banegi Apni Baat
- Sara Jahan Hamara
- Bharat Ek Khoj
- Shesh Prashn
- The Great Maratha
- Banegi Apni Baat
- Just Mohabbat
- Jai Hanuman
- Bombay Blue
- Star Bestsellers
- Ssshhhh…Koi Hai
- Kyaa Kahein
- Mano Ya Na Mano
- MTV Hero Honda Roadies 7
- In Treatment
- Tokyo Trial.
Also Read:- Malvika Sharma Biography
Some facts about Irrfan Khan
- On 16 March 2018, Khan revealed that he was suffering from a rare disease called “neuroendocrine tumor”, a condition in which neuroendocrine cells proliferate in tumors. He traveled to London for treatment.
- His first film Salaam Bombay! (1988) Nominated for Academy Degree.
- In her final year at NSD, Meera Nair selected her for a role in Salaam Bombay. However, his role was cut at the time of selection.
- Irfan Khan Launches Last Audio Message on English Medium Trailor Launch.
- Did Irfan Khan ?: Yes
- Did Irfan Khan drink alcohol ?: Yes
- Irfan was born into a family with royal connections on his mother’s side, and his father was a wealthy landowner who wanted his family to get involved in the tire business.
- In his school, he was a very shy person, and his teachers often scolded him because his voice was never bad in class.
- Reportedly, he faced a lot of struggles in his teenage years, and also worked as an air conditioner repairman and a tool for his living.
- In the days of the letters of his stay in Mumbai, he shared a flat with Raghubi Yadav.
- She appeared in some unknown films during the 90s. But things changed when he got an opportunity to play a role in the British-Indian film Here the Warrior.
- He rose to fame in 2003 with his negative role in Tigmanshu Dhulia’s film- Hasil.
- In 2005, she got her first lead role in the film “Rogue”, when several of her films were dropped.
- He met the love of his life- Sutapa Sikdar (now wife) at NSD where he studied in the same class. He is from a Hindu Brahmin family.
- Irfan renamed his spelling from “Irfan” to “Irfan” in 2012, but there was no numerology behind it, he just loved the sound of an additional “R” in his name.
- His dream was to one day gift his mother a suitcase full of money.
- Her performance in the film “Paan Singh Tomar” (based on the life of Paan Singh Tomar) was critically acclaimed by both audiences and critics, and she received several awards for The National Film Award for performance actor is also included.
- His performance in the film “Lunch Box” was also critically acclaimed and became the only Indian film to receive the TFCA Award (Toronto Film Critics Association).
- For his expression for films – Lunch Box and D-Day, he turned down a major role in the film – Interstellar; Because he had to leave India for four months and stay in America.
- She once told that in 1993, she did not have enough money to watch Jurassic Park, but in 2015, she appeared in the American film- Jurassic World.
- In addition to the performances, he also voiced two video games called “Lego Jurassic World” and “Lego Dimensions”.
- In September 2015, the Rated Government named him the brand ambassador of the “Resurgent Residence” campaign.
- Just because his name resembled a terrorist ish, he was detained twice at Los Angeles airport.
- He was very selective when it comes to scripts, and he did good research on his role. His writer-wife once told that he had to rewrite the script for a few weeks of “Banagi Tumani Baat” dozens of times because Irrfan was not satisfied with it.
- Despite being born into a Pathan family, he hated non-vegetarian food, and his father often said that he was a Brahmin born in the Pathans.
- I also, strangely, did not eat non-vegetarian food; Maybe I didn’t like the taste of it. “
- He was the first Bollywood actor to act in two films, winning the Academy Award – Slumdog Millionaire (2008) and Life of Pi (2012). However, Gulshan Grover was the first choice for this role in the Slumdog Millionaire.
- Reportedly, Irrfan took only a few hours to read the script of blackmail and was implied to do it. Later it was also reported that he had a tumor during the shooting of this film.
- There is an Indian currency note of one rupee; The effect of his date of birth on her.
- His death was mourned across the country on 29 April 2020, which included Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Rahul Gandhi, Arvind Kejriwal, and several Bollywood celebs.