Karishma Tanna was born on December 21, 1983, into a middle-class Gujarati family, in Mumbai, India, she is a Television actress, Indian film actress, model, and anchor, who mainly work in Hindi films and TV shows.
Karishma Tanna Biography
|Real Name||Karishma Tanna|
|Professions||Actress, Host / Anchor, Model|
2015- Television Style Award for ‘Stylish Woman in a Reality Show’ for ‘Bigg Boss 8’
2016- Zee Gold Award for ‘Most Fit Actress’
|Famous Role||Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Bigg Boss 8|
|Debut Film||Kannada– I Am Sorry Mathe Banni Preethsona
Bollywood– Dosti: Friends Forever
|Debut Tv||Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi|
Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||In centimeters- 175 cm
In meters- 1.75 m
Feet inches- 5 feet 9inch
|Weight (approx.)||In kilograms- 63 Kg
In Pounds- 127 lbs
|Figure Measurements||Breast Size- 34
Waist Size- 27
Hip Size- 34
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Star Sign/Zodiac Sign||Sagittarius|
|Date of Birth||21 December 1983|
|Age (In 2020)||37 Years|
|Hobbies||Gymming, Reading, Travelling and Watching movies|
|Tattoo||Left wrist– ‘Maa’ written in Hindi|
Educational & Qualification
|College||Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
Relationships & More
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Bappa Lahiri (Musician)
Hanif Hilal (Model)
Rushabh Choksi (Restaurateur)
Upen Patel (Actor, Model)
Father– Name Not Known (Died in 2012)
Mother– Jasmine Tanna
Sister– Drishma Kadam (Younger)
|Ex-fiance||Upen Patel (2015)|
|Fav. Actor||Shahrukh Khan, Amir Khan|
|Fav. Actress||Kangana Ranaut|
|Fav. Song||“Jeena Jeena” by Atif Aslam from the film ‘Badlapur’|
|Fav. Travel Destinations||Paris, Dubai|
|Fav. Food||Gujarati Cuisine|
|Fav. Restaurant||Olive in Mumbai|
|Fav. Temple||Babulnath Temple in Mumbai|
Income Source & Net Worth and Car Collection
|Net Worth||Rs.7 crores (Approx. In 2021)|
|Income Source||Acting, Modelling, hosting|
Karishma Tanna Family, Caste, Boyfriend
Karishma lives with her mother named Jasmine Tanna and is very close to her, as her father died in October 2012. She also has a sister named Drishma Kadam.
Her ex-boyfriend, Rushabh Choksi said that she and Karishma were still in a relationship when Karishma started dating Upen in 2014 at ‘Bigg Boss 8’ house when they met inside Bigg Boss house and later I got engaged. In 2016, they broke up.
Karishma Tanna Education, Qualification
She had her schooling in her hometown Mumbai. She graduated from Sydenham College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai. While she was studying at Sydenham College in Mumbai, she was offered the role of Indu in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.
Karishma Tanna Carrier
Karishma Tanna with the daily soap Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi (2001-06) his television debut on Star Plus, where he played the role of Indu. She later appeared in Kaahi To Milenge (2002 – 2003), Balaji Telefilms Drama Production. Karishma made her debut with the drama Perfect Wedding directed by Vandana Sajni.
She was the host of various shows including Magic Star of India etc. and she hosted MTV’s show Love School with Upen Patel.
Karishma participated in many reality TV shows like Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Nagarjuna – Ek Yodha, and Qayamat Ki Raa, Zara Nachke Dikha (2008), Nach Baliye (2015), Fear Factor: Khatron Ke Khiladi, and Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (2016). That reality TV show Bigg Boss was first runner-up at 8.
Karishma made a Bollywood debut in 2005 with the film ‘Dosti: Friends Forever’, which was full of stars like Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor, Bobby Deol, Lara Dutta, Juhi Chawla. Karishma played Bobby Deol’s sister in the film.
She appeared as the lead actress in her second I Am Sorry Mathe Banni Preethsona. After that, she starred in Shalini and the Bollywood sex comedy film Grand Masti. Karishma has too many TV ads for various brands such as Stay Free and Nirma, Lifebuoy.
- Television Style Awards
- Zee Gold Awards
- I Am Sorry Mathe Banni Preethsona
- Dosti: Friends Forever
- Golu Aur Pappu
- Tina and Lolo
- Grand Masti
- Pyaar Ke Do Naam: Ek Raadha, Ek Shyaam
- Kaun Jeetega Bollywood Ka Ticket
- Rasoi Ki Jung Mummyon Ke Sung
- Jaane Pehchaane Se… Ye Ajnabbi
- Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
- Comedy Circus Maha-Sangram
- Box Cricket League – Season 2
- Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout
- Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand
- MTV Love School – Season 1
- Naagarjuna – Ek Yoddha
- Sajan Re Jhoot Mat Bolo
- Kanpur Wale Khuranas
- Khatron Ke Khiladi 10
- Khatra Khatra Khatra
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9
- Comedy Champions
- Ek Ladki Anjaani Si
- Bigg Boss Halla Bol
- Zara Nachke Dikha
- Kitchen Champion
- Raat Hone Ko Hai
- Kaho Na Yaar Hai
- India’s Magic Star
- Kkoi Dil Mein Hai
- Kaante Ki Takkar
- Kumkum Bhagya
- Qayamat Ki Raat
- Kahi To Milenge
- Comedy Circus 1
- Yeh Vaada Raha
- Jeanie Aur Juju
- BIG Memsaab
- Nach Baliye 7
- Bigg Boss 10
- Choori No 1
- Bigg Boss 8
- Baal Veer
- Naagin 3
ALSO READ:- Rohit Shetty Biography & Lifestyle
Some facts about Karishma Tanna
- She was interested in acting since childhood, and at the age of 17, she made her acting debut as a flamboyant girl “Indira” with a superhit TV show Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi ‘.
- His first lead role opposite Prem Kumar came with the Kannada film Sorry I Am Sorry Forehead Bunny Prethson ‘(2011).
- She took cooking classes before entering the house of ‘Bigg Boss 8’.
- His family members and friends call him ‘Kaaru’
- Does Karishma smoke?: Yes
- Does Karishma drink alcohol?: Yes
- She got engaged to Upen Patel in 2015 after proposing to her in the dance show Ye Nach Baliye 7 ‘.
- She could not make an ideal start to her Bollywood career, after which she moved back into the TV world, and revived Sony TV’s ‘Comedy Circus’ to make her career.
- After doing TV for a few years, she tried her luck in Bollywood, but she was rejected either for her height or for a daily soap actress.
- Karishma Tanna became the winner on 26 July 2020 in the adventure-reality show, Khatron Ke Khiladi 10. Karishma was declared the winner among other finalists Karan Patel, Dharmesh Yalande, and Balraj Jaal.
- She considers Kangana Ranaut and Victoria Beckham to be her style icons.
- She had a breakthrough in Bollywood starring Ranbir Kapoor as “Madhuri Dixit” in Sanjay Dutt’s biopic 201 Sanju ‘(2018).
- While she was studying at Sydenham College in Mumbai, she was offered the role of Indu in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.