Laxmi Agarwal is an Indian publicist with stop cell acid and a TV host. She was born in a middle-class family in New Delhi. Agarwal was born on 1 June 1990.
He was attacked in 2005 at the age of 15, a 32-year-old man, Gudda A. K. There was a terrible acid attack on Laxmi by Naeem Khan and his 2 other friends; Since he rejected Gudda’s marriage proposal.
She is the founder of Stop Cell Acid, a campaign against acid sales and acid violence. Lakshmi started the campaign with #StopSaleAcid, which garnered nationwide support.
Deepika Padukone is producing and producing a film based on her life with director Meghna Gulzar. The film is titled Chapek and is scheduled to release in January 2020.
Laxmi Agarwal Biography
|Known As||Acid Attack Survivor in 2005|
|Debut TV (Anchor)||Udaan (2014)|
|Debut Film||Chhapaak (2020)|
Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||In centimeters– 163
Feet inches-5 feet 4 inches
|Weight (approx.)||In kilograms – 50
In Pounds – 110.23 lbs
|Figure Measurements||Breast Size – 34
Waist Size – 25
Hip Size – 36
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Date of Birth||1 June 1990 (Friday)|
|Age (In 2019)||30 Years|
|Hobbies||Singing, Dancing, Reading|
Educational & Qualification
|School||Sarvodaya Kanya Vidyalaya|
|College/University||N / A|
Relationships & More
|Affairs / Boyfriends / Husband||Alok Dixit (Journalist & Social Activist)|
Father- Name Not Known (Domestic Cook)
Mother- Name Not Known (Homemaker)
Brother– Rahul Agarwal
Daughter– Pihu Agarwal
|Favourite Actor||Aamir Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Favourite Holiday Place||Shimla|
|Favourite food||North Indian Dishes|
Income Source & Net Worth and Car Collection
|Net worth||$1 Million – $5 Million|
|Income Source||Anchoring, Modelling, etc.|
Laxmi Agarwal Career
He began his career as a campaigner voicing for acid attack victims. He initially worked as a coordinator. Laxmi collected 27,000 signatures to file a petition to curb the sale of acid and took the issue to the Supreme Court of India.
Their efforts have resulted in easier procedures for the regulation of acid sales and prosecution of acid attacks by central and state governments.
Agarwal is working as the director of an NGO called ‘V Chenava Foundation’, which works to help acid attack survivors in India. Subsequently, she became the voice of the victims and in 2014 hosted a TV show The Udaan ‘aired on New Express.
And In 2016, she walked the ramp at London Fashion Week. Laxmi is giving a speech, prompting the victims to start their lives again.
She has received several awards for her work, including the US 2014 International Woman of Courage Award from US First Lady Michelle Obama and has also been called ‘NDTV Indian of the Year’.
Laxmi Agarwal Family, Relations and Caste
Laxmi was in a relationship with social worker Alok Dixit. Alok decided not to get married and opted to stay in a live-in relationship instead. For not getting married, Alok Dixit said that we do not want people to come to our wedding and comment on the look of Lakshmi. She had separated from her partner (Alok Dixit) in 2015.
They have a daughter named Pihu together and Laxmi has a brother named Anurag Chauhan.
Laxmi Agarwal education
She did not study after 10th and attended her schooling at Sarvodaya Kanya Vidyalaya.
ALSO READ:- Hansika Motwani Biography
Some facts about Laxmi Agarwal
- In 2006, she filed public interest litigation in which she pleaded for a complete ban on acid sales citing the increasing number of incidents of acid attacks on women.
- After recovering from the attack, he did not keep himself in isolation, and instead, began a campaign for ‘Acid Stop Acid Attacks’ and worked as a campaign coordinator.
- Gradually, his work made him the voice of acid attack Survivors all over the world.
- He started his campaign Sale Stop Cell Acid ‘. Due to his dedicated work, he was honored several times in India.
- In 2013, the Supreme Court regulated a new set of rules prevailing in India by the sale of acids in which a person under 18 years of age could not buy acid and an identity card must be produced by the customer before purchasing the acid.
- Laxmi Agarwal and other survivors of acid attacks stood together and started a hunger strike to rehabilitate such survivors and get immediate legal justice.
- In 2014, she met Alok Dixit and they immediately fell for each other. The couple, while challenging the taboos of Indian society, decided not to marry and stay in a live-in relationship.
- She was awarded the 2014 International Women of Courage Award presented by First Lady, Michelle Obama.
- In 2018, Laxmi revealed that she was facing a lot of difficulty in finding a job that could meet the basic needs of her life. During an interview, Laxmi revealed that although she did not study after 10th grade, she was an experienced beautician. However, his deformed face becomes a hindrance for him to get the job.
- Deepika Padukone signed on to play the role of Laxmi in her biopic alongside director Meghna Gulzar.
- According to Laxmi, the main reason for not getting married was that in Indian marriages, the bride expects to be beautiful. She says that people will judge Lakshmi on her wedding day, so she decides to never marry.
- After the acid attack, Laxmi, whose face and other body parts were completely decomposed, became the face of emerged and brand as an example of sheer courage, “Viva N Diva” campaign.