Raai Laxmi (Lakshmi Rai), born on 5 May 1989, in Belgaum, Bangalore, Karnataka, is an Indian film actress and model. Rai Laxmi is from a Saurashtrian Kutch family and their ancestral roots in Belgaum.
She appears mainly in Tamil and Malayalam as well as Telugu and Kannada films. She made her debut at the age of 16 in the Tamil film Karaka Kasadara (2005) and made her Bollywood debut with the film Akira (2016).
Raai Laxmi Biography
|Real Name||Lakshmi Rai|
|Nickname||Krish, Lucky Rai|
|Debut Movie||Karka Kasadara (2005)
Telugu- Kanchanamala Cable Tv
Malayalam- Rock N’ Roll
Bollywood- Julie 2 (2017)
|Debut TV||Anu Alavum Bayamillai Season 2 (2009)|
Physical Stats & More
|Height (approx.)||In centimeters- 178 cm
In meters- 1.78 m
Feet Inches- 5feet 10inch
|Weight (approx.)||In Kilograms- 60 Kg
In Pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements||Breast Size- 34
Waist Size- 27
Hip Size- 34
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Birthplace||Belgaum, Karnataka, India|
|Hometown||Saurashtra, Gujarat, India|
|Star Sign/Zodiac Sign||Taurus|
|Date of Birth||5 May 1989|
|Age (as in 2021)||32 Years|
Educational & Qualification
Relationships & More
|Husband / Affairs(Boyfriend)||S. Sreesanth(ex, Rumour)
M S Dhoni(ex)
Father- Raam Rai (Businessman)
Mother- Manjula Rai
Sister- Ashwin Raai (Elder), Reshma Raai (Elder)
Brother- Not Known
|Fav. Actors||Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan, Arya, Leonardo DiCaprio, Hrithik Roshan|
|Fav. Actresses||Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone, Priyamani, Madhuri Dixit|
|Fav. Directors||Priyadarshan, S. Shankar|
|Fav. Food||Saurashtrian kheema, Biryani, Japanese chicken curry with rice, Bisi bele bath, Rasam sadham with Appalam|
|Fav. Travel Destination||Austria|
Income Source & Net Worth and Car Collection
|Income Source||Acting, Advertisement, Modelling|
|Net worth||+4Million Dollar (as in 2021)|
|Salary||50 lakh to 1 crore per film|
|Car Collection||Not Known|
Raai Laxmi Family, Caste, Husband / Lover
Raai Laxmi’s father’s name is Ram Rai and her mother’s name is Manjula Rai. She has two elder sisters named Ashwin and Reshma Rai.
She is originally from Kutch. Although her parents wanted her to complete her education, she persuaded her parents and joined an acting course in Mumbai.
Raai Laxmi Career, Cinema, Awards
She made her debut at the age of 16 in the Tamil film Karka Kasamara in 2005, after which, she appeared in several Tamil films, including the comedy film Kundakka Mandakka (2005), R. Unlike Parthiban, Perarasu’s action-spice flick Dharmapuri (2006) and the romance film Nanjai Thodu (2007).
ALSO READ:- Jennifer Winget Biography & Lifestyle
Raai Laxmi made her debut in Malayalam in 2007 starring in Rock and Roll opposite Mohanlal. She followed this with several successful films with Annam Thambi, 2 Harihar Nagar (2009), Avidam Swaragmanu (2009), opposite Mohanlal, and Chatumbinadu (2009) Mammootty. She appeared in three Tamil films, Muthirai, Vamanan, and Naan Avanilai 2 in 2009.
Raai Laxmi’s first release in 2011 was Christian Brothers, which was a major commercial success. She made her Bollywood debut with the film Julie 2 which was his 50th film. Raai Laxmi received the Best Actor Award in a negative role – Mankatha’s Woman.
She made her debut Bollywood movie Akira in 2016. Subsequently, he christened it with his performance in Julie 2, which was released in late 2017.
Some facts about Raai Laxmi
- As a child, she was very ‘tomboyish’ because her father raised her like a boy.
- She was always interested in cultural activities and worked as a child artist in some commercials when she was 8 years old.
- After doing 14 films, he had success in the film ‘Dham Dhoom’ (2008), where he played the role of a lawyer.
- She hosted season 2 of the adventure show “Anu Alavum Bayamillai” in 2009.
- She is a very spiritual person and loves to go on religious tours every year.
- Laxmi is considered the lucky mascot in the Malayalam film industry due to the box-office success rates with Mammootty and Mohanlal.
- Her real name is Lakshmi Rai but in 2014 she suggested changing her name to Raai Laxmi.
- Raai Laxmi has completed 14 years in the film industry, acting in more than 50 films in many languages.
- She is often called the ‘selfie queen’ of the South Indian film industry.
- She received the Tamil film Karka Kasadara (2005), which was followed by director R. V. Udhayakumar was very impressed with his performance in a short film called Valmiki.
- Does Raai Laxmi smoke?: No
- Does Raai Laxmi drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Raai Laxmi did some commercial advertising as a child artist when she was 8 years old.
- She twice won the title of Miss Belgaum (2003, 2004), and also won the title of Miss Karnataka.
- She did commercial advertisements like Bru Coffee and Josco.
- Julie 2 is her first Bollywood Hindi film as the main lead.
- After his performance in item number Lucky Lucky, she gave himself a new nickname, Lucky Rai.
- She is one of the best dancers in the South Indian film industry.
- Follow on Social Media Platform INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, TWITTER.